[PPL-devel] PPL build fails

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Jan 7 18:45:57 CET 2009

Anton Lokhmotov wrote:
> I'm trying to build the PPL (0.10 and a current CVS version) but the
> build fails with the message:
>  > ! Could not open configuration file /usr/bin/spconfig-3.12.8: No such
> file or directory
>
> What's spconfig? The one I downloaded from here:
> http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/spConfig-Download-10787.html
> doesn't seem to be the one the PPL needs.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 (my department's choice), and can provide other
> details if you wish.

Dear Anton,

I believe your system has a faulty installation of SICStus Prolog.
The PPL 0.10 configuration script detected the presence of SICStus
(by issuing the `sicstus' command and by checking, through the
inclusion of <sicstus/sicstus.h>, that you have at least version
3.9.1).

I don't know what happened to your installation of SICStus.  However,
assuming you are not interested into the SICStus Prolog interface,
a way out is to configure the PPL using the option

    --enable-interfaces=STRING

where STRING is obtained from

   "cxx c ciao_prolog gnu_prolog sicstus_prolog swi_prolog xsb_prolog yap_prolog ocaml java"

by omitting the interfaces you don't want (you certainly do not want
`sicstus_prolog' if you cannot/don't want to fix your installation
of SICStus, but perhaps there are other interfaces you are not
interested in).

Please do not hesitate to come back to us if you need further assistance.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it