[PPL-devel] Polyhedral operations testsuite for performance evaluation

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Feb 6 08:41:57 CET 2009

Sebastian Pop wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 15:16 +0100, Sven De Smet wrote:
>> I'm looking for a testsuite of polyhedral operations which could be used
>> to evaluate the performance of these operations.  Do you know where I
>> could find such a testsuite?
>>

> I don't know, but probably the developers from PPL know about one.

Hi Sven,

I am not sure I interpret correctly your request.  Two things come
to mind:

1) From the home page of the Apron project (http://apron.cri.ensmp.fr/)
    you can access something called PolyBench
    (http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/people/duong/polybench/).  When I last looked
    at it (several years ago) no code seemed to be available.  Perhaps
    now it is (I do not have the time to check in this moment... please
    let us know if you find something interesting).

2) We did some limited performance tests on the problem of vertex/facet
    enumeration (http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/performance).  All the code
    required to reproduce our experiments is available in the PPL
    source distributions.  If you are interested, please come back
    to us for further information.

Hope it helps,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it