[PPL-devel] Undefined PPL references attempting to build cloog-ppl

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Aug 10 20:26:03 CEST 2009

Tovrea, George W (US SSA) wrote:
> As pointed to in the config.log:
>
> tovrea at siamese%/net/whistler/auto/users/tovrea/local/sol2/bin/m4
> --version
> m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.13

Strange: this is the same version I use. I don't know what to say:
in ppl_c.h you should end up with

PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Polyhedron)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Grid)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Rational_Box)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(BD_Shape_mpz_class)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(BD_Shape_mpq_class)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Octagonal_Shape_mpz_class)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Octagonal_Shape_mpq_class)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Constraints_Product_C_Polyhedron_Grid)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Pointset_Powerset_C_Polyhedron)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Pointset_Powerset_NNC_Polyhedron)

whereas you have

PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Polyhedron)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Grid)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(Rational_Box)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(BD_Shape_mpz_class)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(_BD_Shape_mpq_class)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(_Octagonal_Shape_mpz_class)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(_Octagonal_Shape_mpq_class)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(_Constraints_Product_C_Polyhedron_Grid)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(_Pointset_Powerset_C_Polyhedron)
PPL_TYPE_DECLARATION(_Pointset_Powerset_NNC_Polyhedron)

This file is created automatically, with m4 and Perl:
I have no idea where the spurious underscores are coming from.
If you can discover that, the problem will be solved.
Otherwise we should find a way to reproduce the problem on
a machine we can have access to.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it