[PPL-devel] Problems with ppl-0.10.2 and g++ 4.4.0 on Open Solaris (x86_64)

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at normalesup.org
Mon Apr 27 05:58:50 CEST 2009

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009, Roberto Bagnara wrote:

>> It sucks, but I guess it would be nice to occasionally build PPL and run
>> the testsuite on linux on a PC with CPPFLAGS='-include sys/reg.h'.
>
> we will certainly follow your suggestion.  Unfortunately, this seems very
> "ad hoc".  In other words, I wonder if there are other header files that
> may give rise to similar problems, and which macros are they defining.

I completely agree, hence my "it sucks". Note that this kind of extreme
pollution is considered a bug, see:

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6400595

I know it affected at some point at least PPL, CGAL and freetype. Maybe it
will eventually be fixed... (it does not look like a lot of work)

But indeed, conflicting C headers, especially when it comes to macros, are
a never ending problem.

--
Marc Glisse