[PPL-devel] make check -n fails

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Apr 15 22:43:44 CEST 2009

Ryan Hill wrote:
> While packaging PPL for Gentoo I found that our package manager kept skipping
> running the testsuite.  Basically, to determine if a package has a testsuite
> it first runs make in dry-run mode:
>
> + make -j1 check -n
> + make -j1 test -n
>
> ..and if successful it goes ahead and runs the tests.
>
> After a bit of poking, I discovered that the problem is that running `make
> check -n` in PPL fails with an error:
>
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `../../tests/libppl_tests.a', needed by `addcongruences1'.  Stop.
>
> Regular `make check` works fine of course, as does `make check -n` after `make
> check`.
>
> Full log attached.  Please CC me on replies.

Hi Ryan,

thank you very much for the report.  We are working on this problem.
Due to various other issues, we have to release PPL 0.10.2 and we would
like to have this problem fixed as well.  We should make a release
snapshot available by tomorrow: I will write you again when that is
ready, so you can try it.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it