[PPL-devel] Intel Compiler Help

Patel, Jayesh jayesh.patel at intel.com
Thu Apr 2 04:37:57 CEST 2009

Hello Mr. Bagnara,

Sorry about the delay, but I wanted to complete a missing task before getting back to you.

Yes, both GMP and PPL builds I've created using the latest Intel compiler do pass the 'make check'

Initially, I had performed all the steps (configure, make, install) for both GMP and PPL. However, I had done the 'make check' on GMP build only. Your response prompted me to do the same for PPL. It took lo...ng time (>2-3 hours) to perform 'make check' on PPL! It completed successfully though. Let me know if you need specific details on my process/output-logs.

Next, I'll take a look at the performance benchmark you pointed out below. Thanks for the info you provided below. Hopefully, the benchmarking process would be straightforward enough for me to conduct few tests and see if I'm making progress (or not).

Once I get more comfortable with the entire cycle of optimized builds through benchmarking, I'll be able to make recommendation for the suitable flags to be used as defaults.

Hope this helps...
Thanks.

J.D. Patel
Intel Corporation