[PPL-devel] IEEE inexact-flag not working on the Alpha (despite -mieee-with-inexact)?

Andreas Schwab schwab at suse.de
Thu Sep 18 15:32:01 CEST 2008

Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> writes:

> thanks for your message.  Do you mean that we need to enable the FENV_ACCESS
> pragma to get defined behavior only on the Alpha or also elsewhere?

See the C standard, 7.6.1 The FENV_ACCESS pragma.

  The FENV_ACCESS pragma provides a means to inform the implementation
  when a program might access the floating-point environment to test
  floating-point status flags or run under non-default floating-point
  control modes. ... If part of a program tests floating-point status
  flags, sets floating-point control modes, or runs under non-default mode
  settings, but was translated with the state for the FENV_ACCESS pragma
  ‘‘off’’, the behavior is undefined.

Andreas.

Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, schwab at suse.de