[PPL-devel] Ocaml docs being built even though interface is not enabled

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Wed Oct 22 22:20:15 CEST 2008

>>> Dear Michael,
>>>
>>> I think that your problem is due to the fact thatyou are doing `make world'
>>> in the `doc' subdirectory.  I have already advised against this in
>>>
>>>   http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2008-September/012829.html
>>>
>>> The point is that `make world' really means "make world" and the world
>>> includes the documentation of the OCaml interface.
>>> In case this is not the source of the problem you are observing,
>>> please give me more information to reproduce it.
>>> All the best,
>>>

>> Oh, yes, I see. So I guess we should build devref-configured and user-configured
>> instead.
>
> user-configured would be enough: devref-configured makes only sense to the PPL
> developers... inclusion in a binary package is pointless IMHO.
> Cheers,

Sorry, there still is an issue here: make user-configured is indeed fine and
that stuff is handled nicely in the Makefile, but running make install (in the
top-level directory, actually) is troublesome. This causes builds of all the
other documents as well, disregarding all the configure stuff. Could you fix
that? It might be an option to make the install: target a no-op as well, just as
all: is!?

Thanks,
Michael