[PPL-devel] New, almost final PPL 0.10 snapshot and patch for CLooG

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Oct 1 10:56:26 CEST 2008

Dear All,

we have uploaded an almost final PPL 0.10 snapshot to the usual location

     ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots/

"Almost final" means that, unless new features are requested by the
Graphite/CLooG/MELT people, unless bugs are discovered, no semantic
changes are planned for the library core and its C++ and C interfaces.

This snapshot passes `make check' on almost all the architectures we
have access to (i.e., ia32, x86_64, hppa, ppc, sparc, alpha, ia64).
The only known problems are on Cygwin, but they seem problems of the
toolchain (try-catch does not work): we are currently installing
Cygwin 1.7 to check whether these problems have been solved.

Work continues on the Java, OCaml and Prolog interfaces of the library,
on documentation, testing and packaging.  We expect to officially release
PPL 0.10 in 2 or 3 weeks from now.

I also attach a patch for CLooG-PPL that:

1) avoids using features of the PPL that are deprecated in PPL 0.10
    (they will be removed in PPL 0.11);
2) uses PPL features to replace some of the existing code, but only
    for cases where the replacement is easy and clearly advantageous
    (a generalized use of PPL powersets could lead to a considerable
    simplification of the CLooG code in domain.c).

Please report any problem you may encounter to ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it