[PPL-devel] Intend to take this one

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sun Jun 8 19:28:13 CEST 2008

Dear PPL-Developers,

> this is great news!  The project "packaging PPL for Debian" was frozen because
> our group does not currently have an expert in Debian packaging.  If you can
> guide us, we could finally complete the job.

[...]

I've packaged and uploaded the 0.9 version with the attached modifications. You
might want to incorporate some of which in your upstream sources, which mainly
accounts for the following changes:
- I've introduced a libppl-doc package to include all (architecture-independant)
  documentation
- Library packages have been named according to the SONAMEs (libppl -> libppl6,
  libppl-c -> libppl-c0, libppl-pwl -> libpwl3)

The package is now queued in NEW (see http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html),
and it may take days or weeks to finally reach the Debian archives.

Best,
Michael

PS.: I've added a watch file, so I should get notified in case of new (major)
releases, but feel free to ping me if you'd like to see some updated version
packaged.