[PPL-devel] powerset domain

P M Hill hill at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jan 26 21:54:36 CET 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, John Gallagher wrote:

> Hi Pat
>
> I'm trying to get started with using the powerset domain of PPL from the Ciao
> Prolog interface, but I can't figure out how.  Any chance you could give me a
> pointer or a hello world program to get me going, assuming it is possible?  I
> am using the PPL users' manual v0.9 - a pointer to the appropriate section to
> look at would be fine.
>
> Best regards
> John
>

> --------------
> John Gallagher
> www.ruc.dk/~jpg/
> +45 46742196

Hi John,

there is a snapshot which includes a Ciao Prolog interface for the
Pointset_Powerset domain for you at

ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots/ppl-0.10pre16.tar.bz2

In fact the Prolog Pointset_Powerset predicates are also checked for SICStus,
SWI and XSB Prolog as well as for Ciao. There are a some draft and brief
instructions about the use of the revised interfaces in README.interfaces in
the interface directory. Information about the configuration options to
generate interface domains, such as the Pointset_Powerset, are in
README.configure.

Please let us know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help
and/or to suggest improvements.

Best wishes,
   Pat

PS I am resending this as one of the addresses was wrong. Pat