[PPL-devel] Failures in the PPL testsuite configured with gcc 4.4

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Dec 19 09:05:54 CET 2008

Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> Sebastian Pop wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Dominique Dhumieres
>> <dominiq at lps.ens.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have done a "make check" in PPL with both gcc 4.3 and 4.4. I got 4 failing
>>> tests with 4.4. Before I fill a pr, did you see that?
>> I do not know of these problems.  In general, if there are problems
>> with PPL, please CC the PPL-devel mailing list.
>
> I would like to try to reproduce the failures you observe.
> What do you mean exactly by GCC 4.4?  Is that the same
> as some revision of GCC's SVN trunk?  If so, which one?

Hi there,

I compiled GCC's trunk r142808 and, with it, I did a `make check'
of PPL 0.10 and all tests succeeded.  I did the same for PPL CVS HEAD,
just in case, with the same result.  This was on an X86_64 system
running Fedora 10.

So, if I understand correctly, the problem might be Darwin-related.
Dominique, as you said that you don't have the knowledge to do the
debugging, can you give me access to a machine where the problem
can be reproduced?  Alternatively I will try to guide you step-by-step
hoping that we will be able to narrow down the causes of the behavior
you observe.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it