[PPL-devel] PPL and the union of convex polyhedra

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Aug 22 18:21:31 CEST 2008

Sebastian,

did you receive this message I sent you one week ago?
It really seems in CLooG you are duplicating much of the
functionalities of our Pointset_Powerset construction.
Cheers,

    Roberto

Sebastian Pop wrote:
> The main missing part in PPL is the union of convex polyhedra and the
> operations on them.  For example, have a look at the first polyhedral
> operation that I ported, cloog_domain_intersection in this commit:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/cloog-ppl.git?a=commitdiff;h=d78c8bb5f121aaaa78f69b643c26dde11c909755;hp=fbc2c6b341f5a1dadaa4f76cb07f9cbb1e9a7f8b
> at the end of this commit, there is code that implements around the
> ppl_Polyhedron_intersection_assign the missing parts to work on unions
> of convex polyhedra.

Hi Sebastian,

I am not sure I understand.  PPL 0.10 has makes available the
Pointset_Powerset abstract domain from within all the foreign
interfaces (including of course the C one).  This domain
used not to be in the list of instantiations provided by default;
the user has to request it at configure-time by using the
--enable-instantiations option.  To simplify things for you,
I have just added the domains

     Pointset_Powerset<C_Polyhedron>

and

     Pointset_Powerset<NNC_Polyhedron>

to the set of instantiations that are generated by default.
I am uploading the 0.10pre22 snapshots, which contain this
change, to

     ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots/

Cheers,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it