[PPL-devel] PPL and simplification of polyhedra

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Aug 15 17:56:43 CEST 2008

Sebastian Pop wrote:
> The last missing part is the simplification of domains in this commit:
> [...]
>
> The current implementation of this function tries to exploit the fact
> that PPL can minimize constraint and generator systems, but this is
> not enough to detect some constraints that are subsumed by others.  A
> huge amount of code in PolyLib deals with the simplification of
> redundant constraint that are then removed from the polyhedra.

Hi again.

Sorry, but I am not following.  When you obtain a minimized constraint
or generator system for a polyhedron from the PPL, you don't get
any redundancy.  In particular, you do not get constraints that
are subsumed by others.  Can you specify precisely the operation
that you would like the PPL to provide?
Cheers,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it