[PPL-devel] ppl 0.9 make check failures on i686-apple-darwin9

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Thu Aug 7 16:30:37 CEST 2008

Roberto,
   I didn't have time this morning for the full make check in
ppl cvs to run. However I ran it through the float and double
sections containing those previously failing tests and they
now seem to pass fine on i686-apple-darwin9. I did have to
compile ppl cvs with Apple's gcc-4.2 compiler. The current ppl
cvs code fails to compile with Apple's stock gcc 4.0.1 compiler.
I'll post the error message for that later tonight.
    Is there a schedule for when ppl cvs will be released as
the next version of ppl? Also, have the APIs changed enough
between 0.9 and cvs that cloog-ppl from the git won't compile
against ppl cvs? I am considering trying to use ppl cvs to build
cloog-ppl git and graphite to see if those two failing graphite
tests I saw disappear with ppl cvs.
                 Jack