[PPL-devel] Loading the SWI-Prolog interface of the PPL under Mac OS X

Enrico Franchi enrico.franchi at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 20:49:43 CEST 2007

On Oct 7, 2007, at 4:34 PM, Fred Mesnard wrote:

> % autoreconf
> configure.ac:291: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:292: error: possibly undefined macro:
> AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
> configure.ac:293: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

I had similar problems, and I have solved them adding a couple of
symbolic links (unfortunately, I don't remember exactly which ones).

I suppose you installed newer versions of autoconf and automake,
while you did not update libtool itself.
The newer auto* look for macros in a different directory. You may fix
the problem using --include options or symlinking the
macros.

One more option is to symlink

ln -s /usr/share/autoconf/autoconf/autoconf.m4 /usr/local/share/
autoconf/autoconf/autoconf.m4

(assuming you installed autoconf in /usr/local/bin); additional
symlinks may be required. Probably adding the

--include /usr/share/autoconf/autoconf/

should be tried first since it is not a 'modification'. Options -ivf
for autoreconf may also be useful.

-enrico