[PPL-devel] Loading the SWI-Prolog interface of the PPL under Mac OS X

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sat Oct 6 17:56:54 CEST 2007

Dear Mac OS X users of the PPL,

in view of the imminent release of PPL 0.10 we are going through the TODO file.
One item I added some time ago to that file says:

- In the SWI-Prolog documentation, the command to dynamically
   load the library has to be modified so as to specify the `.so'
   extension: this is required under Mac OS X and seems not to
   do any harm under GNU/Linux.

Can you please confirm that

   ?- load_foreign_library('/usr/local/lib/ppl/libppl_swiprolog').

and

   ?- unload_foreign_library('/usr/local/lib/ppl/libppl_swiprolog').

do not work under Mac OS X, while

   ?- load_foreign_library('/usr/local/lib/ppl/libppl_swiprolog.so').
   ?- unload_foreign_library('/usr/local/lib/ppl/libppl_swiprolog.so').

do?
Thanks a lot,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it