[PPL-devel] [Fwd: Re: Questions about complexity in PPL]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Oct 4 18:16:39 CEST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Questions about complexity in PPL
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:03:37 +0200
From: Florent Bouchy <florent.bouchy at lsv.ens-cachan.fr>
To: bagnara at cs.unipr.it

From: Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it>
Date: Oct 4, 2007 11:37 AM
To: Florent Bouchy <florent.bouchy at gmail.com>
Cc: The Parma Polyhedra Library developers' list <ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it>

>> first of all, thanks for PPL, which I am currently using in my PhD.
>>

> We are glad you appreciate it.  In which application are you using the PPL?

I am trying to represent larger sets of real vectors, by combining PPL
with arithmetically-defined integer sets. I'm working on a paper with
Alain Finkel and Jerome Leroux, so I'll be able to give you some
feedback about this work in a few weeks if you wish.

>> I would like to know the complexity of some operations in PPL :
>> intersection, union, and difference of 2 sets, and the emptiness test
>> of a set.
>> Could you please give me a rough algorithmical complexity, or a
>> reference to a paper/presentation detailing them ?
>>

> We have just added a FAQ page to the PPL web site.
> Please check if this answers your question.
> If not, please do not hesitate to come back to us (this time
> we will answer very quickly :-)
Thanks for the FAQ, it does help me !

-- Florent Bouchy

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it