[PPL-devel] setitimer functions

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Oct 3 09:57:04 CEST 2007

Ro'ee Sfaradi wrote:
> Thanks for the snapshot. It almost worked. I have a small (I think) problem.

Dear Ro'ee,

I have been able to reproduce almost all your observations.

> When configure reaches the following lines:
>
> ----------------
> checking whether the C++ compiler supports flexible arrays... yes
> checking if the compiler has the remainder bug...
> ----------------
>
> the conftest.exe raises an exception(in windows): "An unhandled win32 exception occured
 > in conftest.exe [3752]." when I choose not to debug this exception (in the VS dialog),
> the configure continue as no error occurred

This is OK: it is one of the possible manifestations of the remainder bug.

> and no compiler bug has been found.

Here my observations disagree: the compiler has the remainder bug and the configure
script has detected it.  In fact, in the generated ppl-config.h I see

/* Not zero if the C++ compiler has the remainder bug. */
#ifndef PPL_CXX_HAS_REMAINDER_BUG
#define PPL_CXX_HAS_REMAINDER_BUG  1
#endif

> But when I run "make" it returns with the following error:
>
> ----------------
> In file included from checked.defs.hh:431,
>                  from Checked_Number.defs.hh:27,
>                  from Coefficient.types.hh:15,
>                  from Coefficient.defs.hh:26,
>                  from globals.defs.hh:27,
>                  from Interval.defs.hh:26,
>                  from Box.defs.hh:28,
>                  from Box.cc:24:
> checked.inlines.hh: In function `Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Result Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Checked::input_generic(Type&, std::istream&, Parma_Polyhedra_Library::Rounding_Dir)':
> checked.inlines.hh:575: internal compiler error: in invert_truthvalue, at fold-const.c:2695
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See http://www.mingw.org/bugs.shtml> for instructions.
> make[3]: *** [Box.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I also have observed this.  The only way out is to upgrade GCC
to at least version 4.0.3.
Hope this helps,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it