[PPL-devel] question about PPL

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue May 22 07:43:09 CEST 2007

letallec at i3s.unice.fr wrote:
> But i would know if it is possible to
> determinate if there is an integer solution in a domain describe with a
> NNC polyhedron. i.e. : in the square x<0 ; x>1 ; y<0 ; y>1 with strict
> inequality
> i wasn't able to show that there is no solution.
> i tried some manipulation with "grid" and the determinate<PH> function,
> tried to intersect 2 NNC poly (first with the constraints and the second
> with the congruence) but that did nothing.
> So i wondered if you could explain to me how to do that if it's possible.

Dear Jean-François,

in the (yet to be released) version 0.10 of the PPL, the polyhedra classes
will have a method

   /*! \brief
     Returns <CODE>true</CODE> if and only if \p *this
     contains at least one integer point.
   */
   bool contains_integer_point() const;

For your convenience, I have prepared a snapshot of what will
become PPL 0.10.  You can find the tarballs at

     ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots

Please note that the version of PPL contained in the tarballs
is unreleased/experimental/unstable.  Said that, we will try
to help in case you run into problems.
Please let us know how it goes and direct all correspondence
to ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it