[PPL-devel] OCaml interface to PPL

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Jun 12 18:03:20 CEST 2007

Hormoz Zarnani wrote:
> According to the PPL web site, there is an OCaml interface to the PPL.
> However, I did not find any information about that in the documentation.
> I was hoping that I could figure out how to use the OCaml interface by
> looking at the source code.  So I downloaded the source, but I only saw
> interfaces for C and Prolog under the ppl-0.9/interfaces/ directory.

Dear Hormoz,

the OCaml interface for the PPL is available on what will become version
0.10 of the library.

> How can I obtain the OCaml interface to PPL?

There are two possibilities.  The first is to use the anonymous CVS
service, as explained in http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/cvs#read-only-access
This has the advantage that it will be easier for you to obtain
fixes and improvements.  The disadvantage is that you need more tools,
as described in http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/requirements
(do not forget to run `autoreconf' in the root source directory
in order to build the `configure' script and all the other
"autoconfiscation" machinery).
The second possibility is to download the snapshot I have
just prepared for you at

     ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots

Please note that the version of PPL in CVS HEAD and contained in
the tarball in the snapshots directory is unreleased/experimental/unstable.
Said that, we will try to help in case you run into problems.
Please let us know how it goes.

Please direct all correspondence to ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it