[PPL-devel] JNI and PPL

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Jul 16 09:28:42 CEST 2007

Jason Belt wrote:
> I am interested in using PPL in a Java program via a jni interface and
> noticed that the cvs repository seems to already contain such an
> interface.  I downloaded the latest version from the repository and saw
> that there isn't a configure script available.  When I run autoconf I
> receive several errors regarding undefined macros such as the following
>
> configure.ac:39: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:225: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL
> configure.ac:516: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_FPU_CONTROL
>

> I'm not sure how to fix the errors as I'm rather new to autotools.  Is
> there a guide on how to build ppl from the cvs source rather than from a
> release build?

Dear Jason,

you should first check the requirements for ordinary users and for developers
listed at

     http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/requirements

Then, after you have checked out the sources, type

     autoreconf -f

in the sources' root directory.  Use this command every
time a `cvs update' reveals something has changed in the
repository.  (Note: neither the `-f' nor  using `autoreconf'
at each update are really necessary.  But it is our experience
that giving these instructions to those that are not familiar
with Autotools will save them time.)
Please direct all correspondence to ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it,
let us know what you are doing with the PPL, and do no hesitate
to contact us: the Java interface is pretty new and we are looking
for feedback.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it