[PPL-devel] No floating point coefficients?

Manoj Rajagopalan rmanoj at engin.umich.edu
Mon Jan 29 04:53:09 CET 2007

Hi all

   In my experiments, I find myself unable to assign float or double
coefficients to linear expressions that form my constraints. In
attempting to rebuild the library on my intel FC6 machine, I find that
the choices i have for the coefficients are all integer types (as told
to me by the --enable-coefficients configure option).

   Does this mean that PPL is good only with constraints that have
integer coefficients? Can i not work with linear expressions like (4.5*x
+ 3.9*y) etc?

   Thanks for Enea Zaffanella and Roberto Bagnara for replies to my
previous question on point containment within polyhedra. I tried out
their suggestions and found that my coefficients were being truncated to
integers which is why some of my tests were failing.

Thanks in advance,
Manoj Rajagopalan