[PPL-devel] PPL: Problem with Checked-Ints

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Feb 21 17:45:27 CET 2007

Didier Lime wrote:
>> Can you give us some intuition or point us to a paper that explains
>> the role played by strict inequalities in the verification of Time
>> Petri Nets?
>
> Well, first you may want to say that your process takes (strictly) less
> than, say, 3 time units to execute. The theory of time Petri nets is
> compatible with attaching open intervals to the transitions. But it is
> not always very natural to model using strict inequalities.
>
> [...]

Thanks for the clear explanation, Didier.

> Finally, you may be interested in knowing that we had the PPL compile on
> Windows XP without using Cygwin (I do not have all the details however
> since I have not done it myself but I can ask for them).

This is really interesting, as sometimes we receive questions about
how to do it, to which we reply that we basically have no idea.
Please ask who as done it for the details: you can tell him/her
to post a description to ppl-devel at cs.unipr.it so that we can
give a pointer to it to those who ask how to do it.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it