[PPL-devel] Compile error on last versions

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Dec 9 18:48:08 CET 2007

Dario Meloni wrote:
> I have deleted everything and tryed various times.
> It worked, but i had to set both with environment variables and
> configure script options regarding the compiler.

I guess you mean you had to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in addition to
specify the non-standard compiler executable path.  If so, this
is normal.

> The compiler name is strange because it is made by MacPorts (mp)
> software distribution to avoid name clash with future update of apple
> gcc version, the problem seems related to not using the default one
> (which doesn't work).

Yes, 4.0.1 has so many bugs concerning (among other things) C++ templates
that it cannot be used to build the PPL.

> My problem i caused by the outdated distributed gcc

I am glad that the problem is solved.  Please do not hesitate to come
back to us in case you need further help.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it