[PPL-devel] configuration

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Aug 28 15:59:17 CEST 2007

Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
> with the ppl-0.10pre7 snapshot (or pre-release?) configured thru
>     ./configure '--enable-interfaces=c,cxx,ocaml' '--sysconfdir=/etc/local'
> a make install does not install any ppl_c.h file, as I would expect. Is
> it normal or did I misunderstood something (probable)?

Dear Basile,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.  We have just uploaded a new snapshot at

     http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/ftp/snapshots/ppl-0.10pre8.tar.bz2

This should fix the bug you reported.

> Actually, I need to test in a autconf file (gcc/configure.ac) the
> availability of the C interface to PPL.
>
> Any ideas?

We have just drafted an Autoconf function called AM_PATH_PPL_C.
You will find it (in the new snapshot) in the file m4/ppl_c.m4.
If you need at least version 0.10 of the PPL and its C interface,
you should just put the line

     AM_PATH_PPL_C(0.10)

into your configure.ac.  Please check if something similar can suit your
needs and we will improve it as required.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it