[PPL-devel] PPL and Visual Studio?

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sat Jun 3 09:04:48 CEST 2006

Thomas Reps wrote:
> Do you know if anyone has ported PPL to compile under
> Visual Studio C++ under Windows?  Is there anything
> that would stand in the way of doing this?

Dear Thomas and Denis,

I know people is using the PPL under Windows using
Cygwin and MinGW, but I have no information about
compiling the PPL with Visual Studio C++.
The PPL is written in standard C++ so, if
Visual Studio C++ implements a large enough portion
of the standard ---something I don't know---,
it should be doable.  It would probably not be trivial:
the configuration file should be written (I guess)
without the help of the automatic configuration script;
likewise for the automatic generation of make files.
If you need help, please let us know (notice though
that we do not use Windows and have no access to
any recent version of Visual Studio C++).

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it