[PPL-devel] ppl/sicstus/segmentation violation

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Jan 31 20:18:46 CET 2006

Samir Genaim wrote:

>> $ ppl_sicstus
>
> I was running sicstus and not ppl_sicstus, now it works, Thanks !.

Dear Samir,

the problem is that it is supposed to work also with sicstus.
The difference is that dynamic loading will be used:

$ sicstus
SICStus 3.12.3 (x86-linux-glibc2.3): Thu Oct 27 17:45:37 CEST 2005
Licensed to math.unipr.it
| ?- load_foreign_resource('/usr/local/lib/ppl/ppl_sicstus').
yes
| ?- ppl_initialize, A='$VAR'(0),B='$VAR'(1),ppl_new_NNC_Polyhedron_from_constraints([A>B,B>=A],X),ppl_delete_Polyhedron(X).

A = A,
B = B,
X = 271413168 ? yes
| ?- $

If you confirm that dynamic loading is not working for you, then
take into account that we are willing to investigate the problem:
it may actually be a bug in the PPL!  On the other hand, if you
prefer not to spend time on ascertaining what is happening,
we will understand.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it