[PPL-devel] problems installing ppl-0.[78] with sicstus on amd64

Peter Schneider-Kamp psk at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 25 16:39:25 CET 2006

Dear Roberto,

thanks for your quick help! This indeed solved our problem.

Right now we are using ppl with cTI to compare our
Prolog termination analysis to that of cTI. We actually
had to resort back to ppl 0.6 because there seems to
have been a change in the interface used by cTI.
Are there many drawbacks when using 0.6 compared to 0.8?

The speedup from SICStus clpq to ppl is up to 50000 times.
Very impressive. So, for fair evaluation we needed to get
ppl to perform.

For our own termination analyser we indeed do not
know how to use it (yet). The finite domain constraints we
have to solve are inherently non-linear. Do you have
any ideas/pointers how one can deal with non-linear
constraints? Can ppl handle some kinds of non-linearism?

Kind regards,
Peter