[PPL-devel] Almost ready to release

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Jan 17 11:37:01 CET 2006

Dear all,

I have uploaded an almost final PPL 0.8 distribution at

     ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots/ppl-0.8pre10.tar.bz2

Please (and I am talking to ALL people in this list, not only
to the active developers), download it and try to build it
and to `make check' it on as many platforms you have access to.
Try the command "configure --help" and, for a change, try
a configuration option you never tried before.

To those that prefer not to compile code and yet want to give a hand:
please download the user manual

     ftp://ftp.cs.unipr.it/pub/ppl/snapshots/ppl-user-0.8pre10.pdf

and skim through it.  See if everything is in place, check for
inconsistencies or any other defect.

The code should be considered frozen: only critical bug fixes
should be checked in.  Documentation improvements, even though
not critical, are instead always welcome.

If all goes well, the release will take place on Friday as expected.
Now help is welcome for updating the web site.
Thanks to everyone,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it