[PPL-devel] About Constraint_System::has_strict_inequalities().

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Wed Oct 19 12:26:45 CEST 2005

The method

   bool Constraint_System::has_strict_inequalities() const;

is declared private. Probably, when it was first introduced, there were
good reason to do so. However, I no longer see these reasons (maybe the
initial specification has been improved and now it is "clean" also for
the user). Moreover, there are occasions where this method might come
handy for the user of the library and for the developers of library
classes that are not friend of Constraint_System.

So the question is:
do you see any reason justifying the access restriction for this method?

Note that, at the implementation level, we correctly disregard low-level
constraints such as 0 <= eps <= 1.

Ciao,
Enea.