[PPL-devel] About the last (huge) commit on BD_Shape.

Enea Zaffanella zaffanella at cs.unipr.it
Mon Nov 7 16:37:27 CET 2005

I finally managed to commit my (huge) changes to the implementation of
BDSs. The main novelty are:

- shortest-path reduction no longer compromises shortest-path closure
(note: I still have to implement the extraction of constraints for the
case of a dbm in reduced form);

- affine images, preimages and generalized affine images have been
rewritten almost from scratch; they should be less buggy than before
(this is definitely the case for the case of generalized images); at the
very least, the current code is no longer relying upon unreasonable
assumptions on the kind of coefficients and the sign of denominators.

Some tests will now fail: I strongly suspect that for some of them there
is no real bug, but rather the "known_result" was wrong.

In summary, there still is plenty of things to do.

Ciao,
Enea.