[PPL-devel] Suggestion for the DarwinPorts version of SWI-Prolog

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Jun 8 12:27:59 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I may well be missing something, but it seems the life of people
interfacing C/C++ and Prolog programs on MacOS would be simplified
if SWI-Prolog.h and the other interface header file could be installed
in some fixed place, such as /opt/local/include, as well as in
/opt/local/lib/swipl-x.y.zz/include.  This would match what happens
on, e.g., the Linux version where these header  files are installed
in, say, /usr/local/include as well as in /usr/local/lib/swipl-x.y.zz/include.

Please note that I know _nothing_ about MacOS: I am only trying
to support users of the Parma Polyhedra Library, yet minimizing
the number of special cases I have to take into account.

P.S. BTW, why /opt/local instead of /usr/local?

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it