[PPL-devel] Re: conftest.cc disappearing in a misterious way

Ralf Wildenhues Ralf.Wildenhues at gmx.de
Thu Jul 7 08:59:01 CEST 2005

Hi Roberto,

* Roberto Bagnara wrote on Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 06:46:40PM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >You said you searched for this already: are all systems this happens on
> >on win32?  Maybe some unrelated process keeps some file open or prevents
> >writing to some file?  (just another wild guess though)
>
> No, these seemed to be more or less system independent: Linux, FreeBSD,
> Solaris, Cygwin, ...
> I googled for "conftest.c: No such file".

I now did that, too.  First thing: I find only one reference to
  "conftest.cc: No such file"
and while there are numerous such with conftest.c, reasons for failure
are usually:
- full disk
- no write permission in the build tree
- issuing more than one configure at the same time in the same build
  tree
- buggy configure script and/or shell cause shell hiccups

Don't know whether any of these pertain to your case, though.

Regards,
Ralf