[PPL-devel] Re: Problems with XSB 2.7.1

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Jul 1 21:46:34 CEST 2005

Terrance Swift wrote:
> Its pretty easy to comment out. Here's probably what is the safest
> way to do it. Simply go to  $XSB_PATH/syslib and copy
> std_xsb.xwam to std_xsb.xwamsav  Then comment out the line
>
> standard_symbol(flush_output,1,file_io).
>
> in std_xsb.P, load xsb, and type
>
> | ?- compile(std_xsb).
>
> This should succeed, and future sessions of xsb will use the modified
> library file. So just halt and reinvoke.

Dear Terrance,

thank you, but I now realize that, when I said I wanted solution (3),
I misunderstood.  In fact, this requires a kind of intervention the
normal user would not want to make.  So perhaps using the CVS version
is the best options?  Is it as simple as a `cvs checkout' followed
by a `cd .../build' followed by the same sequence described in the
install instructions?  Or would it a patch to the released 2.7.1
be possible/better?
Thanks again,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it