[PPL-devel] Re: Building debian packages

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Sun Feb 27 19:40:03 CET 2005

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> I just started using ppl, but as a Debian-user I would have considered
> it nice to find ready-made .deb-packages. Would it be possible to
> include a debian/ -directory in CVS, such that one can build those
> packages directly from CVS-snapshots?
>
> As I'm just trying to build the packages, I could supply some initial
> content for the directory (as a tarball, if you wish).

Dear Michael,

some time ago I started drafting a `debian' directory as you suggest.
The reasons I did not finish it and add it to the repository were that
(1) I did not believe there was enough interest and (2) no PPL developer
was using Debian.  Both of these reasons are now gone, also because
Matthew Mundell, who knows Debian quite well, has joined our
development team.  Expect that directory to materialize
under CVS within the next week or so.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it