[PPL-devel] Re: Ciao check (fwd)

P M Hill hill at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Aug 8 08:03:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

Last October (2004) we wrote:

"do you remember we had problems that could only be cured by
inserting `GLOBALSTKSIZE=1000000' into the environment when
running _some_ programs?  If you don't remember, please read
at http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2003-April/003589.html

I have now tried to see whether the fixes of 1.10#5 make
this kludge unnecessary.  The answer is negative, even though
the error message is now different."

We have never received an answer to this message and the problem prevents
us running checks for the Ciao interface for the PPL which are needed if
we are to support this interface.

Do let us know what we can do to help you find what is the cause of this
problem.

Best wishes,
  Pat

Dr Pat Hill