[PPL-devel] [Fwd: Re: Any Prolog language lawyer out there?]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Oct 20 13:28:44 CEST 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Any Prolog language lawyer out there?
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:12:00 +0200
From: Bart Demoen <bmd at cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog

Jens Kilian wrote:

> This explicitly codifies the interpretation of '- 4' seen above.

http://www.sju.edu/~jhodgson/prolog_proj/framed_spec.html
has an executable ISO Prolog. One can submit goals and it
tells you the result. Here are some examples related to -4:
(I have removed some noise from the output)

Goal     : integer(- 4)
Specification result :     Must fail

Goal     : integer(-4)
Specification result :     Must succeed

So it seems that the space between the - and the 4 is important.

I do not have the final copy of the standard, and although I do remember
that there has been discussion about it, I do not remember the final outcome,
so can anybody check that's indeed what the standard says ?

Cheers

Bart Demoen

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it