[PPL-devel] How to do Powerset element normalization

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Thu Nov 11 14:36:58 CET 2004

Pedro Vasconcelos wrote:
> True, I should be more explict: I only need omega_reduce() before
> converting constraints to a Haskell representation after a sequence of
> polyhedral computations. The constraints should be simplified for pretty
> printing and because they will eventually get replicated. I know I could
> just leave them in the PPL world, but I prefer to use the PPL as a
> "black box" solver and get an observable value out  (at least for the
> time being).

Dear Pedro,

you can find a snapshot of PPL 0.7 at the address

   http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/ftp/snapshots/

In that snapshot, omega_reduce() is available to the users of the
Polyhedra_Powerset class.  Notice that we are still discussing
whether this is the right way to provide the functionality
you are (quite rightly) asking for.  So in future releases
the same functionality may be available in other forms,
but what is important now is to let you can go on with your work.

Notice that in PPL 0.7 we are renaming things in order
to be consistent.  Beware of the lowercase 's' in
Powerset and, should you get an error because something
named *_dimension* is undeclared, try *_space_dimension* instead.
Please do not hesitate to come back to us if needed.

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it