[PPL-devel] [Fwd: PPL and parameters]

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri Feb 6 15:31:18 CET 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: PPL and parameters
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:23:57 +0100
From: Sven Verdoolaege <skimo at kotnet.org>
To: bagnara at cs.unipr.it

I'm working on counting the number of points in parametrized polyhedra.
(http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/publicaties/rapporten/cw/CW376.abs.html)
Currently, I'm using PolyLib because I could reuse a lot from the
previous implementation.

But PolyLib has some problems.
For one, each time a polytope is created, it creates new mpz_ts,
which results in a lot of calls to mpz_init and mpz_clear.
Does PPL handle this differently ?

A quick glance at the documentation suggests that PPL only
supports what Omega would call "set variables".
Are there any plans for supporting parameters and/or
existential variables ?

skimo

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it