[PPL-devel] Re: C++ interface and long-longs

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Oct 20 18:44:31 CEST 2003

Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> writes:
>
>>GMP's C++ interface currently does not support constructors
>>and accessors taking long-longs and long-doubles.  Are there
>>any plans to relax this limitation, at least as far as
>>long-longs are concerned?
>

> The problem for the C functions is outlined in tasks.html.  I'd like
> to add longlong conversions for gcc, and worry later about other
> possible compilers with or without that type.
>
> For C++ is longlong is always available?  If there's no risk of a
> missing type then I guess we could do something about conversions for
> mpz_class etc, even if initially they come out as slightly bloated
> code.

All the compilers I use (i.e., g++, Comeau and Intel C++ compiler)
do have longlong.  I don't know about other compilers.  I am pretty
sure that longlong will become standard in C++ as is now in C
(there is a rather strong consensus on this).  I really think
it would be nice for GMP to support longlongs.
Cheers,

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it