[PPL-devel] a Bug, a Beg and a Binding

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Tue Aug 26 21:23:45 CEST 2003

Axel Simon wrote:

> On Monday, Aug 25, 2003, at 10:55 Europe/Paris, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
>
>> we require GMP 4.1.2 (the latest release, as of
>> today).
>

> I successfully compiled PPL against 4.0.1. I can't claim that it works
> better, it's still the same.

Then I believe you have not compiled any Prolog interface.

> Since the interface obviously hasn't
> changed, why does PPL require 4.1.2?

See http://www.cs.unipr.it/pipermail/ppl-devel/2002-June/001707.html
and the thread of messages following that.  That bug was fixed in
GMP 4.1.2 and, since then, we assume it fixed.  I know for sure we rely
on the fix in the Prolog interfaces and it may be just by chance that
the rest of the library is unaffected.
Cheers

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it