[PPL-devel] Re: installation problem.

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Aug 20 12:48:00 CEST 2003

nitinsk at cfdvs.iitb.ac.in wrote:
> Sorry for the mistake. i forgot to attach the output file. i will attach
> it here.
> about the sizes, i tried installation on another machine(to which i dont
> have frequent access) that too a pentium-3. there i have mandrake linux
> 9.1. and the installation completed without any problem. and the
> sizes of the files were close to what you have on your system. but my
> machine - a pentium 3 having redhat linux 7.1, is the one that is giving
> me problems.

Dear Nitin,

I could see nothing wrong in the output file you sent.  I believe there
is something wrong in the libstdc++ library on your Red Hat 7.1 system,
but, without having access to the actual system, I can only conjecture it.
Let us start from the beginning: please check whether you can compile
and execute any C++ program on that system with that version of GCC.
Try the classic "Hello world!" and see if it works.  If it doesn't,
then of course your GCC installation is faulty.  If it works, the
only suggestion I can give you is to reconfigure and rebuild GMP
from scratch, then make, make check, and try again to compile
the simple C++ program using gmpxx.h that I sent you.
You may also want to ask for advice on the GMP mailing list.
I hope this helps.
Cheers

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it