[PPL-devel] a Bug, a Beg and a Binding

Axel Simon a.simon at kent.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 10:57:21 CEST 2003

Hi,

c) I have written a binding for the functional language Haskell to the
C-interface of the PPL. I basically parse the C header file and
generate the Haskell functions. Thus there might still be some
functions which have an incorrect type. I'll contact you after I
checked those (and adjusted the documentation which is much more work).

b) I have severe problems with the ppl_ConSys_const_Iterator_equal_test
function. It works most of the times, but then it doesn't and my loop
iterates on and on until I get a Bus Error or a Segmentation fault. I
just wondered if anyone has experienced this kind of behavior or if
it's my binding that is at fault.

c) There is a but in ppl_c.cc in version 0.5 of PPL. In class PIFunc
the variable empty is not initialized. I changed the constructor (line
1584) to:

   PIFunc(dimension_type* v, size_t n)
     : vec(v), vec_size(n), max_in_codomain_(not_a_dimension()),
     empty(-1) {
   }

which makes the ppl_Polyhedron_map_dimensions function work (instead of
giving me the empty polyhedron all the time).

Oh, and another question: I didn't find any functions to calculate the
maximum of a linear expression within a given polyhedron (i.e. do a
simplex). I think this function is essential in abstract interpretation
when I need to approximate a non linear expression. Did I miss it?

Thanks,
Axel.