[PPL-devel] Re: PPL compile/run time errors

V Panumong vaji at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 4 00:56:55 CEST 2002

Dear Dr.Roberto

I'm very sorry for the late reply. After the meeting with Dr.Pat, I tried
to install the PPL with different configuration - so I uninstalled the
installed one out just in case it might trigger some conflicts, just to
find out that the configure doesn't pass anymore.

It's the same problem that happened to me before, the compiler can't find
GMP in the machine. I checked the file and knew that it was trying to link
to gmpxx.h. The gmpxx.h is presented on my machine in the default
installation directory, /usr/local/lib. I already put in line
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib" in my .bashrc and ran /sbin/ldconfig - n
/usr/local/lib, but to no avail. I already tried ./configure
--with-gmp-dir=/usr/local/lib. I was trying to fix that.

About your questions, I'm pretty sure that I already tried the command you
suggested after the one without doesn't work. It compiled successful, but
gave the same error on run-time.

The result from rpm -qa|fgrep gmp is;

gmp-devel-3.1.1-4
gmp-3.1.1-4

Does it suggest anything? It might be from when I installed RedHat or GMP,
I can't be sure. Should I just erase them out? because I don't really want
to find out later that the GMP doesn't work on my system anymore.

Thank you very much.

Vaji,

--
Vajirapan Panumong
Knowledge Representation and Reasoning Group