[PPL-devel] Everything is OK now

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Mon Jun 24 23:26:45 CEST 2002

Vitor Santos Costa wrote:
> I changed the Yap GMP allocation routines to fall back to
> malloc/realloc/free if outside context. I think that is the best
> solution for two reasons:
>
>   - It is the most general: external processes might not want their
>     objects to disappear during backtracking.
>   - It avoids nasty interactions with the garbage collector: even I
>     disallow gc of these objects, is application is not prepared for
>     the gc barging in and shifting objects around?
>
> I haven't actually tested it outside Yap, do you mind trying it and
> telling me it works?

Dear Vitor,

with your change I have succeeded, after fixing a couple of bugs
on my part, at producing a working YAP interface for the Parma
Polyhedra Library.  This will be part of the next PPL release.
BTW, finding these bugs has been exceptionally difficult due to the
fact that Term, Functor and Atom are all typedef'd to be CELL:
this means you can do all sorts of mistakes without any help
from the C compiler.
Thanks again for you help.
All the best

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it