[PPL-devel] Installing PPL

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Jun 12 10:57:39 CEST 2002

Martin Rohde wrote:
> I installed the new version, but it still doesn't work. GMP is installed
> in /opt/gmp-4.1 and the PPL library will be installed in /tmp/ppl. For
> configuring, I do
>
> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/ppl --with-gmp-includes=/opt/gmp-4.1/include
> --with-gmp-dir=/opt/gmp-4.1/lib
>
> But still, the GMP library is not found. (GMP is installed with the
> --enable-cxx option and CPPFLAGS=-fexceptions).
>
> I included the configure.log, maybe it will help.

Hi Martin,

in the config.log you have included there is

configure:3692: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -I/opt/gmp-4.1/include -fexceptions  conftest.cc -L/opt/gmp-4.1/lib -lgmp -lgmpxx  >&5
configure:3695: $? = 0
configure:3697: ./conftest
./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libgmpxx.so.3: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

This would seem to indicate that in /opt/gmp-4.1/lib there is no file
named libgmpxx.so*: is that the case?
This is strange if you have configured GMP with (among the others you mention)
the option --prefix=/opt/gmp-4.1 and if you did not forget to run `make install'
after `make'.
Please come back to us if the problem persists.
All the best

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it