[PPL-devel] Installing PPL (fwd)

Martin Rohde M.Rohde at klft.tn.tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 11 14:03:53 CEST 2002

Sorry,

maybe I should have sent this mail to this address.

Martin Rohde

Dear Roberto,

thank you for your quick response. Here the information:

I installed GMP 4.1 (the latest version from the gnu website)

The prefix just points to a test directory, because it is not yet
installed officially on our lab. So I created the directory /tmp/gmp in
order to test the GMP library, together with PPL. But this should work
anyhow. I have the feeling that, though the --with-gmp* are used, PPL uses
the default GMP directory, where version 3 is installed. Our administrator
doesn't want to change to version 4 immediately, because of the links to
other applications...

The output of g++ -v is
gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-81)

The output of uname-a is
Linux klftdh07.tn.tudelft.nl 2.4.8-ac2 #4 Mon Aug 13 15:02:24 CEST 2001
i686 unknown

The config.log file can be found as an attachment in this mail.

I hope you can help me, because the library looks very interesting and
powerful!

Thank you.

Martin Rohde

Mail martin at klftfs01.tn.tudelft.nl