[PPL-devel] Time to break the build

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Wed Jul 31 14:55:47 CEST 2002

Dear all,

now that PPL 0.4.1 is out it is the right time to add new features
to the library and to upgrade our development tools.  This may bring
some instability to the mainline, of course.  As far as new features
are concerned, I will soon start committing the new constraint system
classes.  For the tools, I anticipate upgrading to the following
versions: GCC 3.1.1, GMP 4.1, Doxygen 1.17 and GLPK 3.2.
Please note:

1) upgrading GCC is required in order to work on the Mercury interface;
2) upgrading GMP should not bring any incompatibility;
3) Doxgen 1.17 does not work with our current sources;
    Doxygen 1.16 will no longer work when I will update our sources
    to work with Doxygen 1.17;
4) for GLPK we have the same situation we have with Doxygen: after
    the upgrade, old versions of GLPK will stop working.

All the best

mailto:bagnara at cs.unipr.it