[PPL-devel] Re: GMP 4.0.1/C++: Where are the cmp() functions?

Ballabio Gerardo - Dip. di Scienza dei Materiali gerardo.ballabio at unimib.it
Wed Jan 30 09:24:19 CET 2002

On 2002.01.30 00:02 Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> writes:
> >
> > The documentation of GMP 4.0.1 mentions the availability
> > of several cmp() functions, such as
> >
> >  - Function: int cmp (mpz_class OP1, type OP2)
> >  - Function: int cmp (type OP1, mpz_class OP2)
> >
> > However, they do not seem to be defined, neither in gmpxx.h
> > nor anywhere else.
>
> Hmm.  I think you're right.
>
> > What am I missing?
>
> Nothing I can see, or nothing but those functions.  :-)
>
> I wrote that doco, I guess I got ahead of the actual implementation.
> Gerardo?

The functions are there, but their name is "compare" not "cmp".
If you think "cmp" is more consistent, there's a line in gmpxx.h
saying

__GMP_DEFINE_BINARY_TYPE_FUNCTION(int, compare, __gmp_cmp_function)

just change that.

Gerardo